All manuscripts of articles submitted to the editorial office of the journal undergo mandatory double-blind review (the authors of the manuscript do not receive information about the reviewers, and the reviewer does not receive information about the authors of the manuscript).
1. Articles are reviewed by members of the editorial board and editorial board, as well as invited reviewers — leading experts in the relevant field of science from Russia and other countries. The decision on the choice of a particular reviewer for the examination of an article is made by the editor-in-chief, deputy editor-in-chief, scientific editor, editor-in-chief, editorial board. The review period is 3-5 weeks.
2. In the event of a conflict of interest, the reviewer has the right to refuse the review. Based on the results of the review of the manuscript, the reviewer accepts the recommendation to publish, not to publish or publish the manuscript after correcting the comments.
3. The editorial board of the journal sends the text of the reviews to the author. If there are comments and / or recommendations for revising the article, the editors recommend that the author / authors take them into account when revising the manuscript, which should not take more than 4 weeks from the moment of sending an email to the authors about the need to make changes. The article, revised by the author, is re-sent for review. In special cases, the editorial board may decide to increase the term for correcting the manuscript of the article.
4. If the authors refuse to revise the materials, the authors of the manuscript must notify the editorial board in writing or orally about the revocation of the article. In this case, the article is withdrawn from peer review / publication.
5. If the authors do not provide a revised version of the manuscript of the article within 4 weeks from the date the editorial office sends a message about the results of the review and recommendations, the manuscript of the article will be considered as newly submitted.
6. The editors conduct no more than four rounds of peer review for each manuscript. If, after four-fold revision of the manuscript, the reviewers or the editorial staff have significant comments to the text, then in this case the manuscript is rejected. The authors are notified accordingly.
7. If the author and reviewers have insoluble contradictions regarding the manuscript, the editorial staff, in agreement with the editorial board and the editor-in-chief, can send the manuscript for additional review. In conflict situations, the decision to publish a manuscript is made by the editor-in-chief at a meeting of the editorial board.
8. The decision to refuse publication of the manuscript is made at a meeting of the editorial board in accordance with the recommendations of the reviewers. An article not recommended for publication by the decision of the editorial board is not accepted for reconsideration. The message about the refusal to publish and the withdrawal of the manuscript from consideration is sent to the author by e-mail, the letter contains reviews and grounds for refusing to publish.
9. After the editorial board of the journal makes a decision on the admission of the article for publication, the editorial board informs the author about it and indicates the terms of publication.
10. The final decision on publication is made by the editorial board. In conflict situations, the decision is made by the editor-in-chief.
11. In case of inconsistency with the subject of the journal, the editors have the right to refuse to accept the manuscript of the article for reviewing.
12. The authors have the right to challenge the decision of the editorial board to refuse to publish the manuscript and to withdraw it from consideration. To do this, you should send an appeal to the editorial office addressed to the editor-in-chief. The appeal should state the reasons for the authors’ disagreement with the decision adopted (based on the conclusions of the reviewers) by the editorial board, give reasons in favor of revising the decision, and send a revised manuscript (if such revision is advisable). Consideration of controversial situations and requests of authors with a request to revise the decisions of the editorial board is carried out personally by the editor-in-chief at a meeting of the editorial board. The decisions made by the editor-in-chief are not subject to challenge.
13. The originals of reviews and manuscript review protocols are kept in the editorial office of the journal indefinitely.
14. Reviews of manuscripts (as well as correspondence between authors and the editors) are not published in the public domain and are used only in the internal workflow of the editors, as well as when communicating with authors.
Open access policy
All articles published in the journal Head and Neck are in the free link.
All articles are published free of charge after being reviewed.